10.07.2008

We'll get back to bees...

As soon as this dang-blasted election is over and Obama nails it and Palin goes back to wherever it is she comes from with her tail between her legs and "Sweet Coconut" McCain goes to prison or whatever for being a big jerk.

In the meantime, I'm doing the "mavericky" thing by focusing on the icky urgency of now. Because yep, you betcha, the outcome of this election has everything to do with the prospects for honeybee survival and anything else worthwhile you might care to name. It's gonna be, to quote Uncle Woman, the "be all, end all."

In the meantime, let's enjoy the ride and try to keep our heads from exploding between now and election day. As an offering toward that end here's my #1 favorite Palin blog-post of the week. The post is written by the witty and wonderful Helen Philpot, who describes herself thusly:

My name is Helen Philpot. I am 82 years old. My grandson taught me how to do this so that I could “blog” with my best friend Margaret Schmechtman who I met in college almost 60 years ago. I have three children with my husband Harold. Margaret has three dogs with her husband Howard. I live in Texas and Margaret lives in Maine.

Check out Helen's blog.

No comments: